Please adhere to the following general measures in effect on both sides of the island and help us keep it safe:
- Wearing a mask is mandatory in all public places, airport, public transportation, supermarkets and in all areas, buildings and stores where social distancing is not possible.Keep a safe distance of 5-6 ft (1.5 – 2 m) at all times, including beach visits.
- Wash your hand frequently with soap during 20 sec. or use hand sanitizer containing at least 65% alcohol.
- Sanitize your hands before entering a store or supermarket.
- Discard of the disposable mask in a closed bin. Wash a re-usable mask at least every other day
- If you become sick with fever and flu like symptoms, please contact the hotel front desk and/or the public health authorities immediately on phone number 914.
- Make sure to carry along a reliable thermometer, in the event that you may have to be quarantined and for daily self-monitoring.
- Do not take more than 4 persons in your rental vehicle if not part of your family.
- Comply with all instructions from the island authorities and the airport, your hotel, restaurants, stores etc.
What are the Core Actions taken in our Tourism Industry?
Throughout the tourism industry, St. Maarten has established 6 core actions that will be undertaken as basic guidelines to preventing the spread of COVID-19 on our island and our citizens and visitors have to adhere to which are:
- Physical distancing with proper floor/ place marketing
- Proper Face coverings
- Frequent handwashing, sanitizing and proper hygiene practices
- Frequently cleaning surfaces
- Employees that are sick are encouraged to stay home and report illness
- Mitigate touch points as much as possible.
To ensure that St. Maarten remains a safe destination all lodging facilities and tourism businesses have specific criteria for sanitization, social distancing and other COVID-19 protocols in order to open to guests. These measures will enhance protection of visitors, staff and our nationals.
At the Princess Juliana International Airport the Coronavirus taskforce created a safe airport environment by implementing airport safety protocols. This includes: the mandatory use of face masks covering the mouth and nose, continuously monitoring safety protocols in coordination with airline and airport partners, an awareness program on social distancing for passengers and employees, mass fever screening stations, mandatory hand sanitizing stations located throughout the airport, regular disinfecting of hard surfaces throughout the day combined with deep cleaning regimens during low capacity hours, and high quality Plexiglas barriers separating front-line staff and passengers.