TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (Effective October 15, 2022)
- As of October 15, 2022, unvaccinated residents are no longer required to be tested prior to arrival. EHAS application must still be completed.
- As of October 15, 2022, travel insurance is now optional for visitors.
- Non-residents who are not fully vaccinated are required to submit a negative 24 hr. Ag or 48 hr. PCR result.
- Transit passengers will still be required to complete an EHAS application.
- Day trip passengers traveling by boat are exempted from filling out an EHAS application form.
- The EHAS application must be completed for all travelers to Sint Maarten (regardless of residency and vaccination status). You will need to have a working email address.
- Due to the COVID-19 epidemic Sint Maarten has established a mandatory health pre-authorization application through an Electronic Health Authorization System (EHAS) for every visitor arriving by air including transits, Sint Maarten and Saint Martin residents. Without the health pre-authorization, boarding will not be possible. Be advised that processing time can take up to 12 hours.
- All fully vaccinated travelers: The date of completion of vaccination must be submitted as well as valid proof of vaccination (official country vaccination card or QR code, full name and name, dates administered and batch number(s) of vaccine) from the country where the vaccine was administered. A received booster shot must be indicated in the appropriate field and proof thereof (official country vaccination card or QR code) must be uploaded as well. A booster shot has to be administered at least 14 days before departure.
- You are considered fully vaccinated with an accepted vaccine :
- 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac/Coronavac and Covishield vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine, or
- 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series combination of a single dose Pfizer or Moderna with a single dose Astra Zeneca, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose of vaccine after a confirmed COVID-19 infection within 6 months before the vaccination (to be stated on proof of vaccination in absence of a digital COVID-19 infection certificate).
- the accepted Covid-19 vaccines are: Comirnaty (Pfizer), Spikevax (Moderna), Vaxzevria (Astrazeneca), Johnson & Johnson/Janssen, Covishield (Astrazeneca), Sinopharm and Sinovac/CoronaVac.
- Travelers who have recovered from a Covid-19 infection within 9 months before departure must upload one of the below acceptable proofs of recovery:
- A government / public health authority issued proof of recovery (Digital Covid Recovery Certificate or letter)
- A lab issued positive Covid-19 PCR test result also indicating a Ct value of 35 or higher.
- A signed and stamped Covid-19 recovery letter from a physician accompanied by the positive Covid-19 PCR test result.
- All non- fully vaccinated and those with a past Covid-19 infection older than 9 months, are required to have a negative Covid-19 test in accordance with the required type of test. For children ages 5 to 10 years old, an oropharyngeal swab will also be accepted.
- Effective October 15, 2022, the travel insurance is no longer mandatory. Should you still wish to purchase travel insurance, please visit: www.sxmprotectionplan.com or contact customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants will receive email confirmation of their submitted application. Non-completed applications will be automatically deleted within a day after the provided travel date.
- If health authorization is pre-approved, you will receive a (printable) pre-authorization PDF via e-mail, which must be presented at check-in and to the health authorities upon arrival. This PDF will also contain a QR code which will show the vaccination status and COVID test result when scanned. Keep the original rt-PCR or antigen test result and proof of vaccination always with you. Please check your spam/junk mail folder as well in case you have not received a response.
- If your application is not pre-approved, you will receive an e-mail informing you that health pre-authorization has been denied.
COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS
Traveling to Sint Maarten from:
EHAS application required
Fully vaccinated only or combined with booster shot >14 days
Covid-19 recovered < 9 months before departure
Children 0 to 4 yrs.
|All others 5 yrs. and older|
|Any Country||yes||no test required||
no test required
acceptable proof of recovery(*)
|no test required||rt-PCR test within 48 hrs. or Ag test within 24 hrs. before departure|
(*) see above
- The rt-PCR/Ag test sample for the SARS-COV-2 virus must be obtained from naso-pharyngeal swab in adolescents and adults. An oro-pharygeal swab is accepted in case of children.
- Results from covid-19 collection home test kits will not be accepted. Airlines might require you to show a negative lab test result.
- The original test result to be uploaded as part of EHAS application procedure must clearly specify the name of the laboratory or clinic, full name of test subject, type of test administered, name of antigen test, sample date, source of the swab, result date and a negative result. Non-compliant test results, hand written or e-mail statements from doctors will not be accepted.
- Applicants with a recent COVID-19 infection and still a positive COVID-19 test will only be granted entry with a pos rt-PCR test result when the Ct value is 35 or higher. The Ct value must be clearly indicated on the test result.
AIRLINE, PRIVATE FLIGHT, AND AIR AMBULANCE CREW
- All airline, private flight and air ambulance crew must be able to demonstrate proof of full vaccination or in case not fully vaccinated, either an acceptable proof of recovery or a valid negative COVID-19 test result according to the vaccination and covid-19 infection status.
- Crew members with stopovers of more than one(1) night must submit an application through EHAS. The same travel requirements as for passengers apply in these cases.
CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS ARRIVING BY AIR AND DEPARTING BY CRUISESHIP FROM SINT MAARTEN
- All passengers must complete the application procedure through EHAS before arriving to Sint Maarten.
- An EHAS application is not necessary when returning to Sint Maarten at the end of the cruise.
TESTING POSITIVE WHILE ON ISLAND
- Notify your hotel/accommodation
- Inform everyone you had contact with from the day of a positive test until now (asymptomatic) or 2 days before you first had symptoms (symptomatic).
- Review your EHAS travel insurance policy
- Maintain general measures; wash your hands; wear a mask properly; keep a 2 m distance; ensure adequate ventilation.
- Do not travel if: You are sick, you tested positive for COVID-19 or are awaiting your results of the COVID-19 test.
- If you reside or are vacationing on the Dutch side, you are eligible to receive a digital COVID certificate of recovery. 7 days after your positive test date, you can retrieve your digital COVID certificate through the following portal. https://services.sintmaartengov.org/form.aspx?fid=f632f130-ed29-481b-af6a-2936f137e648&v=7qfalqNyfP.
- For information on testing locations please visit https://stmaartenupdates.com/testing-on-island/ Thank you for choosing St. Maarten as your preferred vacation destination.
COUNTRY RISK ASSESSMENT
Risk classification COVID-19
All countries are categorized as very high risk until further notice.